Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Weedonian expressions

All coined accidentally by my befuddled mind.

As dry as ditchwater.

It may come down to the toss of a dice.

I’ve dug myself into a pickle.

It’s nothing but a white herring.

I’m sweating like a bucket.

Trying to pull the wool under the carpet.

Not the sharpest cookie in the box.

He’s a minefield of information.

It gets on her goat.

You’re just stabbing yourself in the foot.

I’ll be on your back like a ton of bricks.

They’ve all flooded the ship.

They made a dog’s ear of it.

I nearly feel that I’m into the final hurdle

It sold like a dog.

I was in the last gasp saloon.

He’s got other fires in the oven.

It’s a recipe waiting for disaster.

He’s got his finger on every pulse.

I grabbed the short end of the stick.

It’s not like you’re paid through the earth.

[bragging about website] I'm afraid I've literally blown Brian Stone's burnet moths out of the window.

Freelance designers are short on the ground.

I’ve always had a warm spot for Mistle Thrushes.

I’m not prepared to go the full hog.

I think he’s juggling too many pies.

You shouldn’t bore the tears off people.

He’s just hiding his head under the carpet.

I was hitting it as sweet as a whistle.

Just to keep him from getting under our hair.

She’s not got her finger on the ball.

You haven’t got a foot to stand on.

2 comments:

Will said...

Gawd! It's like the Scottish man tape all over again!

Katie said...

I've heard most of these many, many times, but they still make me laugh...