Saturday, January 14, 2006

X marks the spot

I returned to Southey Woods again in very poor light this morning to check out the now 17 Crossbills. It took them about an hour to get thirsty enough on pine seeds (feeding just by the car-park) to come down for a drink in a puddle. By that time I had to dash home to take my daughter to her ballet class, but just managed to get this shot off to grip off the assembled DSLR mob (who were having even worse problems with the light). Like the Turnstone shots I took the other day in gloom (see below), this female was photographed at 1/40s, proving once again that hand-held digiscoping is more than adequate...

And while I'm at it, here is yet another shot from 12.1.06 of a male at the same site.

Canon Powershot A95, through Kowa TSN-823 + 32xWLER.

No comments: