Monday, November 28, 2005

More garden birds

After a weekend of gripping and dipping (Shag and Purple Sandpiper...), I resigned myself to hiding in the shed and digiscoping birds at the feeders on Sunday (27,11.05). Here is some of what I came up with. Click on some for a big version:



Robin

Female Blackbird. I think those are growth bands making the striped effect on the greater coverts etc. On another pic you can see this also on the tail (click for a bigger version).

Goldfinches have found my new Niger feeder

Greenfinch


Reed Bunting. These birds are regular in my town garden in winter, if I a put food out.


Collared Dove. Compare these shots with previous ones of the species on the same branch (use the search window on the right to find other Collared Dove photos). I think my current digscoping set-up has leapt forwards in terms of quality. The first pic is clickable for a biggy.

Magpie
Canon Powershot A95 through Kowa TSN 823 +32xWLER

No comments: