Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Blackbird and Dipper

I had an early morning visit to Ferry Meadows CP, Peterborough, last Saturday (5.2.05), searching for a Twite that had been seen on Friday. More than a hundred Linnets (many singing pre-departure) dispersed widely in all directions from their bramble roost on Overton Lake, but with no Twite calling among them. I may have arrived too late (c 7.30am) because they were already leaving when I turned up, and were gone in another 15 minutes.
So, instead I had an appointment with a rather drab, smallish Cormorant masquerading as a Shag at Orton Water, then wandered back to the Goldie Lane area of FM. There, I snapped a Blackbird sitting very still on a nest of bundled sticks, pretending to itself I couldn't see it...

In the fast-flowing, Grey Wagtail-loved stream, passing by the pitch and putt course, I watched a Dipper...

...OK I admit it was a Chaffinch down for a drink/bath before a golfer came and sent it on its way (not with a golf club I hasten to add).
Nikon Coolpix 880 + Kowa TSN-821 + 32xW LER

No comments: