Monday, February 21, 2005

Berry-munchers

Stamford had about 50 Waxwings at the weekend. I went three times: forgot my scope the first time (on Saturday (19.2.05), but a kind digiscoper lent me his Swarovski, then I came back for more in the afternoon and once again on Sunday morning when I got my best results with the trusty old Kowa combination plus the Silver Dream Machine, the Shiny Extender, the Platinum Plaything of the Gods: the Nikon Coolpix 880.
For my favourite pics of the day in large glory, check out Weedon
Here are the best of the rest of the berry-munching activity on Sunday (and Saturday). Note that a few other birds were joining the Wackos on the rowans. At one stage there were eight Blackbirds at once. Best result of the freezing day? A lovely cup of tea courtesy of the mobile warden of the flats overlooking the Waxwings' favourite rowans.

A good viewpoint.

The classic aerial shot.

Mistle Thrush.

Redwing.

Blackbird.

The banana shot.

The berry munch.

The wing-flap with berry.

This is the only one here from 19.2.05.
Nikon Coolpix 880 + Kowa TSN-821 + 32xW LER

No comments: