Monday, July 12, 2004

Hornets' nest, Part 2...

So, I went back to Grimeshaw Wood, Bretton, Peterborough on saturday (10.7.04) for a bit of hornetting. The only thing was, as I was setting up near the nest, the heavens opened and I stood getting drenched in a storm for 20 minutes (like a fool). After seeking solace in my nearby office and drying a little, I went back for more. Here are some of my 'better' images (hardly the definitive gallery) – better than the last hornet post that is...


Two Hornets (one coming out, one going in), Grimeshaw Wood, Peterborough, 10.7.04.


A Hornet flies in, Grimeshaw Wood, Peterborough, 10.7.04.


A quick pause before entry, Grimeshaw Wood, Peterborough, 10.7.04.


Hornet, Grimeshaw Wood, Peterborough, 10.7.04. I like the way you can see the little ocelli in this photo.

No comments: